Sunday 15 April 2012

Bored.com

I'll warn you in advance, this is probably going to be a bit of a random update, because nothing of any interest has happened this week. At all. Well, nothing you'd be interested in anyway, unless you're really that sad, and you're thrilled by the news that our local Chinese has re-opened after a four week shutdown. That's literally all I have been excited about this week. In fact, it's so boring, I can't even find a picture to symbolise it.

I've spent most of the week staring at my finances and thinking 'arrrrgh!' Don't you just love the last two weeks before payday?! What is concerning me slightly is that it's well under two months before my jollies begin, which in my world is two paydays. Does Nicky have any spending money saved up? Does she hell. Does she have many nice dresses to wear on this holiday? Hell yeah. Hmm, I think my priorities might be a little screwed up, but hey, it's not like I really need to do anything important, like, erm, eat is it?! ..... Think I need to step away from the shops, block eBay and start thinking how I'm going to fund two and a half weeks of basic survival. So I'm not dubbing it spending money, I'm dubbing it 'Efes money', because for some reason that makes me want to save so much more!

The writing's still going well, I think it's been good for me in a lot of ways actually, it's made me realise that the world is a lot bigger than Turkey. At the moment I'm thinking that the second hol of the year might be to somewhere other than the usual easternly direction, but I know that after my first visit of the year, I'll be straight onto Travel Republic for a flight back. But hey, I guess there's worse things to be addicted to. I guess we shall see.

I'll be honest, I'm really struggling for interesting things to tell you, I've had officially the most boring week, ever. Even the stalker's given up. Thankfully I've had no more requests to partake in tantric massage, and literally all I've done all week is work, write and read. I haven't even zumba'd, although I'm soooo getting back on that horse next week, a girl needs a shimmy every now and then, especially considering the diet I was "supposed" to be started on Monday literally lasted for one day and then went a bit AWOL by Tuesday morning.

I dieted pretty constantly for about two years a few years ago, and I lost a lot of weight (4 and a half stones if you're interested, yay me!) and I was so focused, literally caned it with the aerobics classes, even though my motivation might have been a bit questionable and more to do with the intructor at the time than the exercise. But now, fastforward and I find it literally impossible to diet, or at least stick to points/cutdown, whatever you want to call it, for more than a day! Day 2, and it's like I'm starving and need to make up for the day before. I think that might be defeating the object a little. So today I'm trying my best, because I looked at the calendar the other day and realised how little time it is before I have to unleash the belly in a bikini. Work needs to be done, let me tell you. I thought I'd done with my times of having to sit and literally focus on the wall so as not to raid the biscuit tin, or chew my arm off in night-time hunger, I had years of it, when will it ever end?! 

Answer to that probably is, it never does. I sometimes wish food didn't taste so nice.

Anyway, I'm going to go and do some writing of my book now, the one I haven't touched for weeks and weeks. Hopefully by next week I'll have something actually interesting to write about, and won't have to pad it out with random crap that I'm sure nobody's that interested in reading about. I do apologise, I will try and find adventure for next week, I promise ......

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read, even if you don't (but please be nice), have any questions or generally feel like being sociable, please comment!